Benefits of Singing and why we should take a class at Century Music?
1. Singing can improve a person's ability to speak;
2. Singing can enhance the concentration of memory and thought;
3. Singing through the exploration of ideals helps to form the personality;
4. Singing can carry forward one's courage and patience;
5. Singing can relieve the pressure that causes constipation, and make the autonomic nerves that control the peristalsis of the large intestines active;
6.Singing can promote the new and stronger abdominal muscles.
7. It is enjoyable and fun as group or individual! Century Music School teacher is a Voice major from UBC and have extensive background and experience in teaching all kinds of styles such as Opera!
Book today 778 723 9999
When many students are learning a new piece of music, the first sight of the score seems difficult. Why are some people able to read the score so fast? In fact, people who read fast are not based on how fast they react, but they have been trained to remember the permutations and logic that are common in the scores, and even if they don't look at them, they can guess what sounds are next. We can understand music as a kind of "language." Because, like all other languages, music has words, sentences and grammar. According to this idea, when you read the score, it is actually the same as reading an article.
If you can't understand, then let's play a small game with everyone. We give you three sentences, each containing 10 characters, you have to challenge them to read them out and understand them at the fastest speed, then calculate the time separately, OK! Let's get started now!
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
I believe that you must understand and read this sentence very quickly. Then let's challenge the second group.
Onion grab cake taste ice cream is good
Is it slower than the first sentence? But the speed of understanding and reading should be ok. Then get ready, our third group is coming!
The third group:
It took a long time to discover, oh, the original meaning of this sentence is: What are you doing in the end?
The speed difference of reading each sentence is different. When we are reading the first sentence, you can only guess what is behind you when you only see the first three words. Because you understand the logic of this sentence in a flash, so even if you don't look at the back, you probably will be right. The second sentence contains a large amount of information, there are 4-5 words in it, such as onion cake, taste, ice cream, so good, so you need more time to sort out their logic, the speed of reaction Will be slower. But fortunately English is our mother tongue, you know these words, so you can easily understand their logic and read them out. And in the last sentence, in your brain, you can't find any experience that you have seen similar combinations of words in the past, so you have to read them one word at a time, and then through thinking, to understand the meaning of this sentence.
It is the same as reading a musical score. You can understand that people are music-speaking people, and most of the combination patterns and logic that are common in music, they have seen it many times and are used every day. So they only need to look and know what comes up, so you don't have to look at it. As a beginner, reading the score is like reading the third sentence. Therefore, beginners are definitely not because of poor eyesight or slow natural reaction, but because they are not familiar enough with words and grammars in music, so they cannot be immediately removed from the brain. Things and use them.
Contact Century Music School and our teachers will help you learn the musical language and be excelled at sight reading like a pro! 778-723-9999
1. Find out the advantages of your child. For piano, even if only one of the hand played well, or the hand was well placed, praised him/her saying that this is really good! This hand is beautiful! Encouragement from you will give your child plenty of motivation, and let him stick to it for a long time~
2. Give her spiritual encouragement when she does play very well. Hug her and say wow in a very exaggerated tone, you play too well! Express your love for him in your body language, sometimes better than the language, so don't regret your praise~
3. Communicate with the teacher. Encourage and inspire your child with the power of a teacher or the power of others! Sometimes the child needs to be recognized, can call the child's good friends to cheer for him, and the encouragement from the teacher will make him more motivated~
4. Don't buy everything she wants right away, you can promise her, but it depends on how well the instrument is practiced this week, and then she does it very well. However, it should be noted that if the parents agree to give it, they must try their best to honor it. Otherwise, this method will not be useful next time, but it will hurt the young mind of the child.
5. Sometimes let her play the role of a little musician.
Parents may wish to play role-playing with their children, let him be a small performer, and you should be an audience. Wait for the child to finish giving applause and cheers! This kind of fun can bring confidence and satisfaction to the child and mobilize his interest in music~
6. Don't hold on to the mistakes, learn to relax and relax your children. Don't practice endlessly in the evening with her mistakes, and don't use the language "How are you so stupid?" This kills a child's interest. If the child is wrong, the parents can help to correct it slowly. Please give him more patience.
7. When your child really does not do well, be strict.
If child finds an excuse not to practice the piano, and does not take the instrument seriously. At this time, the parents will not be strict.
8. If she only want to practice for half hour, try encouraging more.Either encourage him, for example, to the child: You are playing very well, I really want to hear something like that. Or pull the other half of the family and let him or her appreciate it. This kind of feeling of being concerned and being appreciated, the child is willing to play for a little more time~
9. Don't compare her with other children
Every child has his own strengths and weaknesses. Don't compare other children with their own. If the children of other people’s are good, again, It’s not related to us. When you feel that the progress is slow, you can ask the teacher or the parents to help the child to develop a practice plan, help the child correct the mistakes, as long as the effort is deep, success will come.
What is the difference between learning a musical instrument and a child who has not learned a musical instrument?Read Now
Harvard Medical School and the Boston University Institute of Education have jointly conducted a study. They found that children who have been learning and playing instruments for more than five years have a higher level of cognition than those who have never been exposed to any instrument. The obvious difference is that they are generally higher in terms of auditory response, finger dexterity, vocabulary and non-verbal reasoning. It can be said that children who have been in contact with instruments for more than five years are often more flexible and critical in their minds and thinking.
Music education can play a big role in children's intellectual development and personal health development. As parents, it is not necessary to focus on how children learn in a certain instrument, so that children can learn in a collective artistic atmosphere. They feel happy, personality becomes cheerful and lively, he/she is willing to communicate with others. This is the biggest benefit. With this good basic instrument learning, it will then advance by leaps and bounds.
In 2004, the German Guszcz Poscher Press published a book co-authored by Dr. Renate Klepper and Professor Sabina Welsh, the school of the Congengen Conservatory of Music, to help children with abnormal behavior through rhythm music teaching. - Understanding, correct treatment, the book uses examples to describe the performance of children with abnormal behavior, such as fear of timidity, insecurity, violent behavior, concentration disorder and ADHD, etc., and analyze the causes of their formation And telling how to help them through rhythm music in practical teaching.
It can be seen that using music teaching as the development of children's intelligence helps children solve their abnormal behavior caused by genetic, organ diseases, early bad life experiences. A topic jointly studied by scientific experts.
1. The sound stimulates the auditory organs
Just as the fetal intelligence develops in contact with external sounds, the hearing organs of young children, with frequent contact with different notes for a long time, receive auditory stimulation brought by high and low audio, promote intellectual development and improve children's hearing ability. Sensitivity to sound. Mozart began to learn piano at the age of 3, and when he was 7 years old in Europe, he had already recognized the A or E, which was extremely sensitive to the sound.
2. The high-intensity coordinated movement of the fingers
Fingers act on the instrument with coordinated movements between high and low sounds, different keys and keys, strings and strings, drums and drums, and the combination of fingers and sounds trains high-intensity switching such as buckling, push-pull, and elastic touch. It can improve the flexibility and coordination of the fingers, and ultimately help the child's intellectual growth.
3. The score is quickly converted between the input and output of the brain.
Children must have musical scores in their musical instruments. Children need to look at the music while listening to the ear, eyes, mouth and hands, helping the scores to quickly shift between the input and output of the brain, while acting on the left brain and the right brain. The image function maximizes the brain's responsiveness and sensitivity.